As a Deaf person, I often use my phone to type out what I want to say to someone. I noticed that some folks were having a hard time reading the small text of Apple’s Notes app. The Notes app has an option to format text as a title to make it bigger; however, the app resets the text to normal after hitting Return, forcing me to reformat every line I type. And even the title-formatted text wasn’t big enough in some cases.
I set out to create Bigger Notes to satisfy my own needs. I wanted the app to:
- have a wide range of large text options, from normal to massive
- always start notes in my preferred text size
- easily change the text size at any time in case the person I’m communicating with is having difficulty reading what I type
- load as fast as possible so that I can start a new note without any excessive delays
- have a readily available delete option, since most of these notes are ephemeral